Babies, Work, Soccer & Support Our Troops
Like I said before, work is really interfering with my blogging! On the Evan front.... he's grown a ton of hair these last few weeks and it looks like he has a baby wig on sometimes. He threw his first big boy temper tantrum (legs kicking, fists balled, face red, eyes scrunched, loud siren crying) in the bathtub the other night when Mommy wouldn't let him play with the wash cloth. Evan's eating meat now, albeit liquified meat. He's not very good at sharing- in fact he always wants what other babies are playing with. Evan entertianed his PEPS friends today- 5 other babies born in Nov. We started a baby sign language class this past week that we'll do for 4 weeks. We're trying 14 basic signs with him- milk, eat, more, play, up, sleep, change, bath, diaper, etc. We'll let you know if and when he starts signing back to us! Check out this website for baby signs.
On the Mommy front, work is great. I am really enjoying my new job. Its a great balance of flexiblility and challenge. I do have to make a couple of day trips down to Portland every month.
Both Derek and I are still playing soccer on Sundays and Evan has been a great fan cheering on the sidelines. A couple weeks ago he did have a poo explosion on the sidelines but I'm sure he still enjoyed the game.
Finally, I wanted to follow up on the Troops Need You campaign. After trading emails with Major Eric Egland, I got on board with this grassroots effort to enable the Black Lions battalion in Bhagdad secure things they need to better engage and interact with their community. The $10,000 recently raised is going to buy industrial-sized medical first aid kits (specially chosen by the troops on the ground) and will be shippped this week! I REALLY encourage everyone reading this blog to check out his website, get on his newsletter and donate even a small amount.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home